Updated November 11, 2021
Any reference to “You” and “Your” is to you as an individual user of our Services.
Personal information processed in connection with the Services is controlled by inSTEMM Limited, a British company with offices located at 10 Tasker Lodge, Thornwood Gardens, London, W8 7ER.
Any reference to “STEMM websites” is to websites available within STEMM.TECH
1. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
inSTEMM collects the following personal data in line with the use purposes explained in a subsequent section:
- Your name and contact details
- Date of birth
- Online profile data/usage
- Emergency contact information (Second contact, e.g. Personal Assistant)
- Social media profile information
- Copies of identification documents
- Education and professional information
- Purchasing and payment information
- Conference application profile information
- Registration and participation in inSTEMM Conferences and Activities
- Subscription preferences
- Information about activities on inSTEMM web-sites
- Cookies on inSTEMM web-sites
- Conference survey responses
- Authentication data
- Location information
- Presentation recordings
- Photo and Video recordings during Conference
- Author and peer review information
- Other information you upload or provide to us.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
You directly provide inSTEMM with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our Services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- If you opt-in to receiving subscription communications from us.
3. HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA?
inSTEMM collects your personal information so that we can:
- Process your order and/or other requests for Services. inSTEMM uses personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about your order, subscription, event participation, or membership. We use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order and may need to share some of this information with delivery services, credit card clearing houses, and other third parties to complete the transaction. When inSTEMM processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
- Provide support and/or other services. inSTEMM may use your personal information to provide you with support or any Services that you have ordered or requested. inSTEMM may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters, webinars, or other specific requests, or pass your contact information to the inSTEMM distributor or reseller for further follow-up to your requests.
- Provide information based on your needs and your requests. inSTEMM may use your personal information to provide you with notices of special offers on the Services, benefits, programs, and opportunities available to you, through inSTEMM membership (Community).
- Select content, facilitate use of the inSTEMM websites and improve quality. inSTEMM may use your personal information to help create and organise website content, improve website quality, track marketing campaigns, assess website response rates, conduct usability testing, and facilitate your use of the inSTEMM websites.
- Serve personalised advertising to you. inSTEMM doesn’t share your information with advertisers without your consent. If you opt-in, inSTEMM will share your data with our advertisers’ partners so that they may offer you their products and services.
- Assess usage of inSTEMM Services. inSTEMM may track your usage of inSTEMM Services to determine your level of usage, and those usage statistics may be made available to inSTEMM’s content licensors and your company/institution.
- Communicate with you about Meeting, Conferences, Events and Activities. We may communicate with you about any meeting, conference, symposium, workshop, webinar, lecture, tutorial hosted or co-hosted by inSTEMM. This may include information about the Conference and/or Activities organisation/logistic, programme schedule, technical content. inSTEMM may contact you after the Conference and/or Activity to request your feedback. Please note that inSTEMM Conference co-sponsors, exhibitors, and other third parties may directly request your personal information at their registration desks and/or conference booth/table, however providing your information to them is optional, and you should review their privacy policies.
- Consider you for a higher member grade or an inSTEMM award. inSTEMM may use your personal information such as your name, education, work history and occupation, and volunteer activities to consider you for a higher member grade or for an inSTEMM award/prize. inSTEMM may need to share this information with your nominators, referees, judges, and other parties involved in evaluating your eligibility.
- Include you in inSTEMM Member Database and Partner Organisations. If you join inSTEMM Community, as a Member, we include your information in the inSTEMM Community Database. We may also enable a private member to member messaging (your email address is never shared) and open to all inSTEMM members online chats and forums within your member directory at the inSTEMM Websites. inSTEMM members can customise their member profiles visibility preferences any time in their member account settings.
- Assist in your participation in inSTEMM Services. inSTEMM will communicate with you if you have agreed to participate/ to be involved in certain inSTEMM Services. inSTEMM may send you information such as newsletters, logistics, and other organisational announcements and reminders related to those Services you have opted in.
- Protect inSTEMM content and services. We may use your information to prevent potentially illegal activities and to enforce our terms and conditions. We also use a variety of technological systems to screen, to detect and to prevent anomalous activities, such as spam.
- Get feedback or input from you. In order to offer Services of most interest to you, we may ask you to provide us with input and feedback through surveys.
- Protect inSTEMM information assets as well as your own personal data. The inSTEMM Information Security Program protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (also known as the CIA triad) of inSTEMM information assets by following a risk assessment management approach based on policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures to meet security objectives.
4. HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA? WHAT SECURITY PRECAUTIONS DO WE APPLY?
inSTEMM is committed to protecting the security of your personal data and undertakes the most recent security technologies and procedures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. inSTEMM securely stores the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. Transfer of highly confidential data (such as a credit card number or password) over the internet is protected by encryption.
inSTEMM Websites apply security measures to protect you against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. inSTEMM owns and controls a secure server for the transfer of sensitive data to and from inSTEMM Websites. All payment data including your credit card number are encrypted and transferred through our secure web server.
inSTEMM will keep your personal data for as long as necessary to provide relevant Services and fulfil the purchase/requests of Services you have ordered/applied for.
inSTEMM would like to send you information about our Services that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. You can opt-out to receive marketing by email or by post at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email sent by us or contacting us at [email protected]
6. WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
inSTEMM would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. You are entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request inSTEMM for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to control – You can control the information we have about you and how we use it in several ways:
- If you are a registered user, you can review, revise, and correct the personal data that you have provided to inSTEMM via your personal member directory on the inSTEMM Websites.
- Use the unsubscribe method provided in our various communications.
- Contacting us at [email protected]
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that inSTEMM correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request inSTEMM to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that inSTEMM erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that inSTEMM restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to inSTEMM’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that inSTEMM transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
7. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are electronic placeholders that are placed on your device by websites to collect and track your individual movements on that website over time, and visitor behaviour information. When you visit inSTEMM websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
inSTEMM collects data from both session-based cookies and persistent cookies. The collected data from cookies enable us:
- to recognise returned users (your preferences and settings),
- to facilitate the user’s access to and use of our websites (enable you to sign in),
- to improve our websites and online services (feedback on how our websites and online services are performing),
- to provide you with interest-based advertising,
- to track your individual movements in order to balance the usage of our websites on all inSTEMM web servers.
Tracking cookies, third-party cookies, and other technologies such as web beacons may be used to process additional information, enable non-core functionalities on our websites and enable third-party functions (e.g. “share” link).
7.2. WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
- Essential Website Cookies – These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our web sites.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies – inSTEMM uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics and Customisation Cookies – we collect this information to help us understand how our websites are being used by you, how effective our marketing campaigns are, and to help us customise our websites and applications in order to improve your experience. These cookies may be set by us or by third parties whose services are added to our web sites.
- Advertising – inSTEMM uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. inSTEMM sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Other tracking technologies – inSTEMM may also include web beacons and other similar technology in promotional email messages to determine whether the messages have been opened.
7.3. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
You have a variety of tools to control cookies and similar technologies. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and to opt-out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies by some third-party analytics service providers. However, some of our website features may not function as a result and may impact your experiences with our Services.
8. PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES
10. HOW TO CONTACT US?
Email us at: [email protected]